This day we were determined to make it to the park for opening (8am). We had a bucket list of rides to do, since it was our last day at the park. Isaac was wearing his sandals so he would be tall enough to ride the Incredicoaster.
He was tall enough to ride the roller coaster. This was a coaster that had drops and went upside down, so mama was not joining him on that. We also figured out that the "single rider" line was much quicker than the regular line, so he bravely went on it several times by himself. That was his favourite ride to date, and he ended up going on it about 5 or 6 times.
That's roughly the same amount of times we went on The Little Mermaid ride I think. The baby girls just loved it though.
We milled around a lot, saw various characters, and went on previously loved rides.
There was a Disney Jr dance party that I was convinced the girls would love (Doc McStuffins, Vampirina etc...) I think I was waiting for Isaac to get off the coaster, so Grandma took Mia and Scarlett into the theater. Grandpa was babysitting a sleeping B. Gordon was waiting to take Isaac and Guardians again. By the time I got Isaac to Gordon, I had just enough time to sneak into the back of theater. The girls were seated on the floor with Grandma, and I got to watch them from the back which was actually really enjoyable. Mia had no problems with getting up and dancing right in front of the stage. Scarlett on the other hand... was her typical shy self.
After we headed to Cars land to go on a couple rides there we had missed (NOT the 2hr one we did the day before however). I was going to stay with B (who was awake by this point) while Gordon and Grandpa would go on with Mia and Scarlett. Grandma had taken Isaac either back on Guardians or the coaster... I can't remember which. I asked Grandpa to go wait in line with Mia for the ride we were at, while I went to grab Gordon to tell him to go on itwith Scarlett. I hung out by the ride so I could watch go them go on. B enjoyed walking around and watching all the people, but when I finally spotted Gordon about to get on the ride, I realized I hadn't seen Grandpa or Mia I assumed should have got on already since they went it first. When Gordon got off, I asked where they were and he said he hadn't seen them in the line at all. Grandpa was also the only one who didn't have his cell on to receive messages. I thought maybe Mia had had to use the washroom so we checked there, and then started walking around trying to find them. We met up with Grandma and Isaac who also hadn't heard anything. By this point it had been an hour since we last saw them. I wasn't worried about their well being, because I mean Grandpa could turn his phone on and call Gordon is desperate. I was more worried about Mia not having food or water, and how emotionally vocal (is that a nice way of saying whiny? haha) she could be if she was hungry or thirst. Mostly I didn't want Grandpa to deal with a hangry Mia.
We only had one ride left we wanted to go on, having done nearly every single ride in the park except one or two. But the wait time was an hour... was it going to be worth it? Who knew at this point. It was on every list of the best rides for the park, but so was the cars ride haha. We also still hadn't found Grandpa or Mia at this point, so Gordon, Isaac, Scarlett and I got in line for the ride, while Grandma switched to B duty. While we were in line Gordon finally got a phone call from Grandpa. Somehow (and we are still unsure how this all happened), him and Mia got confused about which ride they were supposed to be going on and Mia took him to THE cars ride, instead of the one Gordon took Scarlett on. You know...the ride we went on yesterday where Gordon and I waited for two hours in line? They had just got off the ride after another two hour wait. I couldn't believe it. Nor am I sure how they even got there, because apparently Mia led Grandpa to it (instead of the entrance to the ride they were supposed to go on which was literally 10 feet away from where I left them). And it must have been a total fluke finding it, because her directional sense is non existent.
Unfortunately, Gordon and I realized we were finding ourselves in a similar situation with the ride we were waiting for. We knew we were going to be in for the long haul. Some of the rides have line partially outside than in. So you don't always know how long a ride is until you go into the "inside" part of the line. Well once we went to the "inside part", which was also freezing cold we knew we'd be waiting a while. I was fine bowing out, but Gordon refused...again. Scarlett fell asleep on his shoulder while carrying her. I tried to stay out of the freezing vents. After nearly two hours, we go on the ride, which wasn't worth it in my opinion. It was a video game type ride where you where 3D glass and shoot various targets like a carnival game. However I did rack up the most points, beating both Isaac and Gordon by quite a bit. So maybe the wait was a teeny bit worth it hahaha.
![]() |
| Mia did not want to take a picture, and made a face in every single of the 8 or 9 attempts. |
Thus ended another 10 hour day at Disneyland.
Note- at the end of the day I looked at all the popular rides left at Disneyland to know if me getting a fast pass was worth it or not. I wanted to know about drops, spinning etc. Came across info on the Guardians of the Galaxy ride (which Isaac had kept trying to convince me to go on, but wouldn't say why). I found out it is just a drop ride...like drop of fear. I couldn't even tell you how much relief I felt that I didn't go on it. That little twerp.









No comments:
Post a Comment