We decided to check out California adventure for our second day. We definitely wanted to do Disneyland on Thursday to take advantage of our magic morning, so we thought we better see what the other them park was all about in case we wanted to do a second day there as well.
I had heard that Cali adventure was a better "theme park" if you're interested in rides. So I was hoping Isaac would really enjoy himself. Plus this is where you met Anna and Elsa, so there was no way we couldn't pay it a visit.
I had made a list of the best rides to check out, and we decided to run to the cars on first. We got to the parking lot when it opened, but by the time you clear security, take the tram, and wait in line to actually get into the park you're at least another 30 minutes later. The cars ride was the most recommended by multiple sites, so Gordon and I headed there first with the older kids even though it was a 60 minute wait on the app. Shortly after we got there it turned into a 70, 80, 90, 100 min wait... Gordon refused to leave the lineup though, so we stuck it out. After 2 HOURS (!!!) we finally got on to the fabled ride. It lasted 4 minutes. Both Isaac and Mia had a blast and said "that was totally worth it". So I guess it was worth it for us too, but never doing that again.
While we were stuck in line, Grandma and Grandpa found The Little Mermaid ride, and Scarlett and B enjoyed that immensely. Gordon and I took the kids for another spin on it (since you basically walked on). You sat in a clamshell and basically rode through animatronic scenes of the movie. It was so lively and there was so much to look at. I guess B was a little unsure the first ride through, but after that she loved it. She danced and danced in her seat when Under the Sea was playing and waved to all the characters.
We checked out Pixar Pier, and Isaac really wanted to ride the incredicoaster. Unfortunately he was like a cm too short (they are really strict about their measurements). He was disappointed, but thankfully that was the only ride that he actually wasn't allowed to go on. The girls enjoyed the carousel though and a couple other rides that had much shorter wait times, including a slow spinning one which I had to take Scarlett on (puke).
After lunch Grandma and I took Mia and Scarlett to meet Anna and Elsa, while Gordon took Isaac to the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, and Grandpa was on B duty, who had fallen asleep in her stroller. The line to meet them was surprisingly short, and the girls could barely contain their excitement. They had worn their Frozen shirts especially for today. We entered the room where both princesses were, and both the girls faces lit up like magic. There wasn't much that could compete with seeing the joy and awe on their little faces. They engaged them in very animated conversation, and peppered them with questions, which the princesses answered smoothly without skipping a beat. They never made them feel rushed, and treated them like their very best friends.

Apparently I had really missed out on Guardians of the Galaxy, but the boys wouldn't give me any details on the why. Isaac was adamant that I would have to go back on with him at some point, but the wait was up to an hour again, so it was going to have to wait. We already decided we were going to come back the next day anyway.
We thought it was best to head on the water ride before it got too chilly in the evening (I hate being cold), so Gordon and I took the older to to Grizzly River run (basically a raft/log flume hybrid ride). Grandma and Grandpa had brought some hilarious dollar store ponchos, and only Mia was smart enough to wear one (it was adult size and she was engulfed by it). I had my rain coat, but Gordon and Isaac were too concerned about appearances to accept the offering. I also had the foresight to bring sandals to change into, and Isaac was smart enough to change his shoes at least. It was a lot of fun and no stomach curdling drops so I was happy about that. Less happy about how I always seemed to be going backwards down those drops. Mia and I stepped off the ride fairly dry, Isaac and Gordon on the other hand...not so much. In fact Isaac went on it several times before we left, when it was too cold for everyone else to go on.

We accidentally discovered that his sandals actually gave him the height he needed to ride the 48" ones on his own, which was incidentally the height requirement of the incredicoaster he had been denied access to earlier while wearing his runners.
Tasted the famed churros, they were delicious.
Scarlett spied Pluto and wanted to meet him (which was surprising because she had shied from the fully costumed characters). We aren't totally sure what happened, but we think he bent down to talk to her or something like that, and his whiskers tickled her face. Well she lost it and ran away screaming and crying. Grandma and Grandpa managed to coax her back for a picture. Mia, on the other hand, was always up for a picture.

The girls first purchase with spending money were these ridiculously overpriced bubble wands. But after two days of them asking for them (because it seemed like every other kid had one), we figured this is why they had spending money, so we relented. They not only spray bubbles, but play obnoxiously loud music. The car ride home was less than peaceful.
That sums up the adventures on day 2!Total park time: 10-11 hours



No comments:
Post a Comment