Monday
Day was like this 75% whining, "mom, mom, mom". 25% fun family time. I brought up some forgotten foam alphabet blocks, and laid them haphazardly on the floor. In a mashup of the floor is lava and a spelling bee, the kids leapt from block to block depending on which word I had them spell. Isaac helped his sisters spell their words, and they got their exercise in, plus their spelling. Score one for crafty mama. We had some outside time (sledding, walk) to close out the day!
Kids whined. Kids fought. One kid complained about doing work. B was grumpy I gave her sister cereal, even though she refused that cereal yesterday because she wanted the sandwich her sister had (which I gave her today). Apparently she doesn't care what she eats as long as it's what her sister is eating.
Kids like reading fairy tales with me this morning.
Kids like my "dice workout" when one die chooses your exercises, and one die (with 20 sides because my dad is a nerd), chooses how many reps. We did 3 circuits where each kid got one turn. Number 3-burpees, managed to be avoided the entire time. Not complaining.
Kids liked making their own mariachi band with musical instruments. That is until Isaac realized that it was creative time, and he was doing music instead of lego. And until someone swung the ukulele at someone else's head. And until someone lobbed a drumstick across the room.
I sent them outside to look for signs of spring after that. They need to chill out. Literally.

Isaac likes to say "Not happening!" a lot lately. Mostly in reference to when he needs to do assigned work from his teacher (which actually isn't that much). I just reply with "Computer games: not happening". Solves that problem.
We delivered birthday pictures and present to Scarlett's best friend. On the way home she said "I forgot to tell her I can't come to her party, because of cowonaviwus!" I didn't have the heart to tell her there was no birthday party. I only hope Scarlett's birthday is far enough away that we can celebrate with her favourite people.
Went to work. It's like a ghost town there. Half our surgical beds are empty (because of cancelling elective surgeries). Nurses hours are actually getting cut in my department. Calm before the storm rolls in.
Wednesday
I was just really tired at the end of the "school day". It wasn't an earth shattering day or anything, but I just needed a break from all the noise and bodies everywhere. We are at the stage where we need to start tipping our dining chairs over to prevent B from going on the table. She made an appearance during Isaac's video conference math class and kept unmuting his microphone.
Scarlett literally spent the entire morning through lunch playing with barbies in her room. I could not tempt her out for anything. 830-1230 solid, I swear.
Mia also has her google classroom set up now, so all day long is me getting notifications of things to do for her or Isaac. All day long I'm mentally planning, calculating breaks between assignments, who needs my computer when, who will need one on one time when, when am I spending time with baby girls, when am I getting dinner ready? I may be taking way less steps in a day, but the mental gymnastics is exhausting.
Thursday
The girls and I did a high fit workout with our favourite instructor Sarah via zoom. Scarlett really misses "exercise class at the church", and they loved the music.
Isaac was very unmotivated today. Nothing was more interesting than building Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter. I just decided to use the deferance parenting tactic today, and gave him reminders every so often about what needed to be done school wise today, and what would need to be done in order for him to have screen time. He finally got it done around 430. No school until Tuesday!! I used to have a love/hate relationship with days off school. Now that I have added school teacher to my roles, I'm all ceeeeelebrate good times, come on!
Mia has been exceptionally well behaved the last week. She gets ready in the morning with one reminder and does everything without me having to ask for each individual thing (dressed, hair, teeth, dishes). She tells me multiple times a day she loves me, colours me pictures, and has been so polite.
Doing Simon Says for "gym class". Mia has gotten wise to all my tricks, so I basically say Simon Says for everything. Observe them doing "crab pose".

Friday
No school! We were participating in the worldwide fast on Good Friday. I asked the kids to think of what sacrifice they could make. I was doing a regular 24 hr fast (no food or drink for two meals), but the girls said they would only eat breakfast and give up their morning snacks (which are usually quite a bit), and Isaac said he would give up breakfast. I was skeptical, and wondering how much whining I should or could endure, but every time they asked when it was going to be over, I reminded them why we were fasting and told them to say a prayer, and they all made it. I was so proud of them.
We spent the morning doing Lego (current project is Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter), colouring Easter pictures, and playing Mario. The Easter bunny may have also hidden all the eggs in the basement the night before. I meant to lock the basement door so they couldn't get in before closer to lunch, but the girls went down to play and discovered the Easter bunny had been there. It was much more convincing that way in the end, since neither parent seemed to have a part in it. The best part was B cracking one of her plastic eggs open (tape was no match for her) and her immediately trying to share her mini eggs with Scarlett by shoving them in her face. Unfortunately I was too engrossed in the video portion that I forgot to take pictures!
We went outside in the afternoon for fresh air and to play with our new bubbles. I drew a giant hopscotch board (what do you call hopscotch pictures??) that went all the way down our front path. It didn't take long for the baby girls to trip and fall in cold puddles.
We had homemade pizza (the kids fav), and drank red juice to remind us of our Savior's sacrifice.



No comments:
Post a Comment