She is still not on any growth chart and we decided to get some basic tests done to make sure she was getting all the nutrients she needed, and rule out anything physically amiss. All tests results were good, confirming that her tininess is just part and parcel to her.
She is funnily enough my best eater, and the least picky of the kids.
She only has one more molar before she is done with teeth until her 6yr molars come in. She hasn't held back in letting us know how so-not-fun getting her eye teeth and 2yr molars have been.
She potty trained herself for daytime fairly quickly as soon as school started. I wasn't planning on doing it until B was a bit older but she did it pretty much on her own. She was good at being dry at night until she started getting teeth, and that was basically the end of that.
She is my errand buddy when big brother and sister are in school. She frequently asks me to go to "the Costco".
She loves to play with cars, rubber duckies (of which we seem to have an abnormal amount), magnets, dressup, and anything with dolls.
She is obsessed with playing in the kitchen sink with her bath toys after I've washed bottles up, and a couple times I've found her stripped down sitting in it.
She loves to wear her church shoes around the house, and have dance parties in them.
She has the most adorable voice, which makes everything she says so much more cuter.
Funnies
*Scarlett standing a corner covering her ears (she thinks this makes her invisible)*
S: I'm poopy
Me: I can see you
S: No, I hiding!
*Me burping Brooklyn after she was born*
S: Don't hit Buckwyn!
*Me telling Scarlett she needs to go to bed early because she is sick*
S: I'm not sick. I'm happy! *breaks out into song* Can you make a happy face, happy face, happy face? I can make a happy face, jackolantern.
*Me getting Scarlett from her nap*
S: Mama did you clean the bathroom?
Me: Yes, how did you know I cleaned it?
S: You always clean the bathroom when I'm sleeping.
*Scarlett running down the aisle at church*
S: You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!
*She loves going to Costco with me, and was obsessed with the lifesize vampire they had out at Halloween*
S: Mom where's the scaraaay (that's how she says scary) vampire.
Me: He's not there anymore, Halloween is over.
*5 mins later a lady with dark hair and makeup but pale skin walks by*
S: There's the scaraaay vampire!! (Thankfully the lady didn't notice)
*Looks at Auntie Devon wearing fishnet tights*
S: Those are scaraay tights
*Sees a tall, dark, lady with dark makeup and pale face walking down the hallway at church*
S: That's a scaraay lady. (Unfortunately she did hear this one...)
Scarlett definitely has particular tastes and quirks. She likes to be shirtless in bed. Her blankets have to be layered in a specific order. The pages in the book have to be turned a certain way. Her yogurt has to be opened just so. She is also quick to change her mind about things, so you might think you've done everything possible to avoid a meltdown, and then she hits you with the "I've-decided-I-actually-do-want-the-bubblegum-toothpaste-you-just-scraped-off-my-toothbrush-30-seconds-ago-because-I-said-I-wanted-mint."
![]() |
| showing her baby doll (unseen on the playmat) how to "workout like a mama" |
She has no qualms about bossing people about if she knows them.
She still will not have baths, only showers.
Scarlett loves to sing, and has a song ready for everything. It's kind of like living in a musical where every change of scene results into spontaneously bursting into song. She is great at carrying a tune and remembering lyrics. She always improvises quite a few of her own tunes (a talent she gets from her dad), and will literally sing all the way from Edmonton to Red Deer about who knows what.
She is our small but mighty girl and we love her to absolute bits.








No comments:
Post a Comment