This most precious lady is halfway to three years old already. Sometimes when I look back at her pictures, I imagine them being part of some future wedding slideshow, and I almost burst into tears.
Curse you time.
Mia is fiercely independent and stubborn. She's the type of girl that will keep tying something over and over again until she can accomplish it, no matter how long it takes her. Very rarely does she ask for help. Any unwanted help is met with ear splitting shrieks.
She wanted to ride a bike like her brother. Every time we would go outside, she would hop on the little red tricycle, and practice and practice pedaling, refusing help from me or her brother.
Now her and her big brother ride up and down the sidewalk like speed demons.
She loves to play outside, at the park. Anything involving climbing, swinging, jumping, sliding, hanging, and spinning. She could spin until most people would be absolutely green.
Mia loves an audience. She will use random toys as microphones and sing while watching herself in the TV. Usually it's her own version of "Let it Go", but she also loves primary songs. She has the most hilarious dance moves, and would do ABBA's song "Dancing Queen" proud.
She is a very loving and affectionate daughter and sister. Sometimes she just sits on my lap, takes my face in her hands and kisses me until I literally have to peel her off me so I can breathe. She loves her big brother just about as much as she loves to provoke him. She loves a good wrestling match-that is until she realizes she's outmatched.
Mia has made the transition to big sister as well as I thought she would. She's still not sure about kissing the baby. But she does love to hold her, and frequently says "I wan hold the baby" or "my turn hold the baby". She is very concerned when baby Scarlett cries and runs to me or Gordon with a look of concern on her face "oh no! baby cwying! come on!". I've caught her singing "wock baby" to Scarlett in her swing a few times too.
We love this girl and all the warmth and spunk she brings into our lives!




No comments:
Post a Comment