Isaac is steadily growing, at 5 months old last Thursday he's graduating to 6-12 month clothes in what seemed like overnight. I can still get by with 3-6 month pants, but they are beginning to border on flood-pants... unless they're jeans.
He's got a repertoire of new sounds that he practices daily and the way his voice rises and falls sounds like an adult talking, and speaking in absolute gibberish of course. He loves to talk to himself in bed and usually wakes me up with his monologues. He's also very into blowing bubbles, usually spitting on me in the process.
Stranger danger is full blown at this point, with Isaac pitching a fit every time someone else holds, touches or even talks to me or Gordon while we're holding him. He doesn't play shy and hide his face, but prefers the more dramatic approach of screaming. He does warm up eventually though. We spent Easter weekend with my family and after the first 10 minutes of deer in the headlights when we arrived, he was loving all the attention. He especially loves his Grampy who could always get a giggle out of him.
He will not stay on his tummy for any amount of time. As soon as you flip him, he rolls back over. We have to prop blankets on either side of him to keep him from rolling, but instead of trying to learn how to move, all his energy is spent grunting and groaning, like a weigh lifter, trying to roll over top of the blankets. He's never gonna crawl at this rate. He can almost go from back to tummy but once he's 3/4 of the way there, he rolls back onto his back.
The biggest news (on the baby front) has to be the appearance of two little pearly whites last week. Most fortunately for Gordon and I it has not been the horror story we thought it could be. To be honest, I don't think much could be worse than the first week of Isaac being home, what with him screaming almost all day, me not sleeping, him not sleeping, feeling like I got dragged under a semi...let's just say it was not a winning combination. But I survived that, so what's a little teething crankiness? Gordon and I did notice he was a bit fussier than usual for the past couple days, but nothing to write home about. He has been drooling and trying to shove everything in his mouth for weeks now so no red flags on that front. No temperature, cheeks are always rosy, and no weird diaper rash or diarrhea. It was just by chance that he was yelling loudly at one of his toys one morning and I spotted two little white patches on his gums. In full blown detective mom mode, I tried to inspect closer but Isaac insisted on licking and drooling all over my fingers. By dinner time I could feel a little point of a tooth, by the next morning it had surfaced more. That afternoon I could feel tooth numero 2 and now you can clearly see both of them cutting their maiden voyage. We've just gotta wait for them to fully be up, but they've both surfaced well above the gums, so hopefully the worst is over. Isaac is a tough little boy and has been a real trooper. He may be a very busy, particular baby, but he has been so good about having little darts "erupt" from his gums.
![]() |
| Taking a break from a long day of teething |
.

No comments:
Post a Comment