Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Lily Grace: 12-15 months

 Oh how quickly our last baby is growing! Lily is a quirky girl who embodies qualities of all of her siblings.

I have no clue how much she weighs, probably not quite 20lbs. But she's definitely one of my sturdier built kids. This is fortunate, since she has her fair share of tumbles and crashes. She loves to climb and stand up on everything. I was hoping she would just stick with being a drawer and cupboard emptier, and not a climber, but it seems, like her brother, she is both. She can climb into our full size stroller on her own and climb up our small slide and go down by herself. We went to an indoor playground and she could nearly keep up with her older sisters. Picture of her post faceplant and sporting a mud-booger moustache.

Lily is a mischief master. I wish I could bolt every cupboard/drawer/door in my house. She will bounce from one cupboard to the next, trying her luck to see which ones someone forgot to put the baby clip on. If it's her lucky day, she'll have the entire contents of whatever she's opened on the floor in seconds. Sometimes climbing all the way into a cupboard and getting stuck. I pick up her sisters clean clothes from the dresser at least once a day, and sometimes she has passed half the items through the railing to watch them fall to the stairs below, in one of her favourite games (cons of a 4 level split). She loves to empty the underwear drawer and wear 4 pairs as hats or scarves. Some days I feel like I need to hire someone full time, just to trail behind her and clean up her disasters. She definitely wins the prize for the busiest girl. It'd be a close battle between her and her brother. Although she hasn't dumped half a box of cornflakes on the bed while I was in the shower yet, so he might still be ahead of her. Or maybe I'm just smarter and keep the cereal out of reach.

Lily loves to try new words, and pays very close attention to you when you're teaching her how to say something. Her new words (besides mama, dada, all done, up, dog, woof and hi) are eye-zuh (Isaac), mehhhh (Mia), and ka-deh (Scarlett). No attempts at Brooklyn have been made so far... She can also say puppy (puh-puh), coat (koh) and shoes-which sometimes sounds exactly like it's supposed to.\

Doesn't matter where I put her shoes or her coat, she will find them and bring them to me at all times of the day. She loves to play outside or go on walks, and has taken to climbing in the chariot or stroller if we're in the garage, and just sitting there waiting for an adventure to start. 

Lily isn't my best eater, but she's also not my pickiest. She eats all meat and pasta, and anything covered in nutella. She is much pickier about raw fruits and veggies.

She is down to one nap a day, and if you don't put her down early enough, she'll just start falling asleep wherever she happens to be (most of my kids needed to be in a bed or driving even as babies). She has definitely fallen asleep in her high chair more than all of my kids combined.

She loves fuzzy things, especially her blanket, and will roll and wrap herself up in it like a burrito and nuzzle it close to her face.

Lily likes to people watch, and generally isn't shy about going up to strangers. She will sometimes pick a person (especially smaller babies) and follow them. Then just stare at them from a distance. If people talk to her, she usually pokes her finger in her eyes or nose. So if she looks like she's picking her nose when you talk to her, don't be offended haha.

She doesn't like baths, only showers. She is happy to play with water from the outside of the tub, but once she's in it, not so much. Even her first trip to the pool over spring break was nerve wracking for her. It took her almost the whole time we were there to warm up to the idea of swimming.

I'm not sure if there is anything she hates more than getting her diaper changed. And there's not a lot of things I hate more than having to change her. She puts up a fight like she's about to undergo the most torturous experience of her existence. 

The only thing I can think of that makes her just as angry as diapers is being in her car seat, stopping for a short period of time (like dropping something off, picking someone up), and not being able to get out. If we start going again, and she is still strapped in, she is irate. Or if she is allowed freedom for only a few minutes, and then gets shoved back in her car seat, it's like WWE. Probably why I'm still using the bucket seat and carrying her around like a newborn...

Lily loves music and lots of the time, all that's required for her to stop fussing is a good dance playlist. She doesn't discriminate between "baby songs" or grown-up songs. Although the jellyfish song and open shut them, do get the best actions out of her. We've had to use music lots lately, because after only having two bottom teeth until 14 months, she kicked out 4 more in a matter of weeks. Misery is an accurate description for that event.

She is 100% a daddy's girl. She prefers him to pick her up out of bed, or will immediately go to him if I'm holding her and he walks by. She wails if he comes from work and runs off to the washroom before saying hi to her. There are times when I go to pick her up out of her high chair and she smacks my hands, but daddy comes along and suddenly she's arms out to pick her up. I'm okay with it. I'm actually great with it haha. Even if he made her ride in the chariot with the tired puppy, he is still the favoured parent.

We can't wait to see what things Lily learns the next few months, especially if it involves cleaning up her messes.

                          

                                                 










No comments:

Post a Comment