Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Lily Grace: 10 months

Ok so this is one of my favourite stages-where they have their own little personalities really starting to come out, but where they aren't sassing you yet.

Lily is such a fun little person. She's had a few rough days (and nights...oh man don't get me started), but she has finally popped her first two bottom teeth. She loves munching on apples or crackers, and is still loving her fluids. If she sees someone drinking and she doesn't have a cup in front of her, she immediately vocalizes her need to also be drinking. I don't think any of my other kids liked water as much as she does. She really guzzles. We are also done with formula (the grocery budget rejoices), and she only has a bottle at night, otherwise it's sippy cups or regular cups. She gets really excited about chocolate.

                                        

She is fascinated by Isaac's budgie Zapi and gets really excited when he's sitting on daddy's shoulder.

She pulls herself up on everything and has started to stand for a few seconds at a time. Tonight she actually stood up from the floor independently and stayed standing for about 5 seconds. She was pretty pleased with herself. I'm not a huge fan of the use-mommys-legs-as-handles-when-shes-cooking method, so I'll be happy when she can motor on her own two legs.

She loves to babble and says mama and dada. She will interact with you and have a little baby conversation back and forth. Isaac and Mia especially love to play little games of hide and seek or chatter with her.

Her favourite songs are Ghostbusters and Baby Shark, but she will happily head bang and bum wiggle to any tune.

Lily has loved exploring our new house...especially all the stairs. We are in a 4 level split so there are lots of railings and landings and stairs. She hasn't figured out how to come down, a fact which she is quite grumpy about, but she's pretty skilled going up. Her new favourite game is dropping things she finds from the upper floor through the railing and onto the stairs below. Sometimes I just give her a little pile of socks and she happily picks them up and watches them fall, repeat, repeat, repeat.


She also loves all the full length mirrors and smushing her face up against them. This has necessitated the cleaning of the closet mirrors to be added to the kids Saturday chore list. 

She has a battery obsession. 

She is generally pretty social, and doesn't make strange a ton. She loves other kids and babies. I'm hoping this means she will get along okay when I go back to work. We were fortunate to find a sitter who I think Scarlett and B will really love, and so I'm hoping if they transition happily then Lily will too.

Good thing this girl is so cute to make up for the less cute nights we've been having lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment