Pages

Friday, May 28, 2021

Lily Grace: 2 months

 And just like that another month has flown by. L was 2 months old on Wednesday, and has graduated from her first round of clothing, which is sitting in a pile ready for me to put away for good. To be honest, I've tried not to think about it too much, but the fact that I still have plenty of nephews and nieces to be born (siblings, I'm looking at you), gives me consolation. I've seen my nephews sporting quite a few of Isaac's outgrown clothes, and it makes the outgrowing process and little less painful for me.

Debate is still taking place about who she looks like out of her siblings. You can judge for yourself below. First picture below is Lily. Then from left to right: Isaac, Mia, Scarlett, and Brooklyn at the same age.

                                              

                     

L is a great nighttime sleeper (maybe I've jinxed it now...). She will generally go down anywhere from 8-10pm and usually wake up again somewhere between 3-5 to eat. I am usually up for 20 minutes, maybe more if I'm at a really good spot in my book. Don't judge me. She is hit and miss for napping. Sometimes she'll nap for several hours, especially if she is in the swing. Sometimes she only cat naps. Her favourite lullabies are the vacuum and the Relaxed Guy's 10 hour rainstorm (thank you YouTube). 

                                                   

Mia is actually really great at getting her to sleep. If she's fussing and I'm busy, Mia will pick her up cuddle with her, and next thing I know she is asleep.

                                   

Likes
-splashing in the bath (yay!)-the girls decided to lotion her up reeeeal good after this particular bath
-smiling at everyone
-talking to mum
-her hanging spider toy
-when you sing to her
-walks
-the vacuum
-snuggling up with mum for a nap

Dislikes
-poop
-gas
-stuffy noses
-being left alone for too long
-when she gets suddenly plopped down (she freaks)

She is faily good natured and hasn't had any noticeable evening fussiness or witching hour like her sisters. B was especially horrendous, so I was on tanterhooks waiting for the day when she would prevent me from cooking supper or doing bedtime due to her grumpiness. But she seems to have skipped that stage. Cue the hallelujah chorus. She was rather patient the last few weeks while all the kids were home, and I was often running back and forth from room to room checking on school work, being the snack lady, and cleaning up messes that seemed to pop up everywhere without ceasing. We're glad that's over with!

This little bean is such a sweet addition to our family.
















No comments:

Post a Comment