Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Lily Grace: 1 month

There isn't too much to say about this little lady who was one month on Monday. She is kind of middle of the road on my spectrum of cranky to content kids. Some days she eats and sleeps and is generally happy. Some days she refuses long naps, wants to be held all day, and can't decide whether she is hungry or not.

 Likes
-snuggles
-her rocking chair

-the sound of the vacuum (probably the sound she is most familiar with besides my voice...). If she's fussy, I can just start vacuuming, and instant quiet.
-clawing her face
-clean diapers
-sleeping with her hands in the air or by her face

Not a fan of...
-poopy diapers
-having a bath (this is improving though)
-waiting for food
-gas

The transition hasn't been the worst I've experienced. Isaac and Mia being in school definitely helps keep the chaos down... I'm a little nervous with summer vacation around the corner! It also helps that all her siblings adore her, and I don't have to worry about anyone jabbing her eyes or smacking her in the face with a bottle. I admit, I was a little nervous about B adjusting, but she went from curiosity at a distance to president of the Lily fan club. As soon as Lily does anything (blinks, squeaks, dribbles...) B makes sure I know about it, and doesn't let me forget until she is satisfied I've done something about it. I feel like she needs to sleep in a bunker to prevent B from hovering over her, and then pouncing on her as soon as she twitches. 
Scarlett helps hold her in the morning so I can get lunches ready. Mia is a natural with her, and will often soothe her to sleep if I'm busy cooking dinner and Lily won't settle unless held. And even Isaac, who wasn't enthused about another sister, is pretty happy with her. We all adore this little lady!





No comments:

Post a Comment