Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Mia: almost a kindergartener!

We are about to send our second baby to school, so I thought it was a good time to do a little post about her!

Mia is just over 5.5 but she has the attitude of a teenager. And a sassy one at that. Her moods can shift in an instant, and some days change so frequently your head is spinning. Despite this, she is kind hearted, thoughtful and loves to help. She is quick to say "I love you", "I'm sorry", and is an addict when it comes to giving hugs. She is our little spitfire, but she loves just as fiercely.

Mia loves being a big sister. Brooklyn is often treated like her baby doll, much as I try and prevent that. She is very helpful with her and will take her out of her crib in the morning and bring her to me, share snacks with her, bring her her blanket or make her giggle when she is sad. Scarlett will often ask Mia to read to her in her bed when she is upset, and they are best colouring and puzzle buddies.


pulling B in the wagon while walking Seamus
 She loves to be outside and she had some great adventures spending the week with grandma and grandpa and camping in Jasper, and on the houseboat on Lake Koocanusa. Not to mention the week she is spending with her granny right now!












Cousin Theo!






She is my big helper in the kitchen and lately we have been practicing her knife skills, and she likes to help me chop things like lettuce and tomato for tacos.

Mia loves to colour and will spend an hour or more colouring intricate patterns and designs. She also loves to write, and will sit with books and her boogie board and diligently copy down each page.

She is convinced she can speak French, although she's about to find out she is woefully mistaken. She will ask me to speak in French to her, so I will ask her to do something, and then she'll reply to me in complete gibberish. Scarlett has been following her lead lately, so basically any time I say something to them, they just utter nonsense to me and continue on their way (because they have no clue what I've actually asked them to do).

She loves the shows Ladybug and Cat Noir and Barbie, and is not the least picky when it comes to movies.

She is still the pickiest eater by far, and basically survives on what she eats from 7-3. PB&Js are her lunch every single day. Thankfully she still has a year before peanut products are removed as a weekday option!

She rocks out hard and loves to sing (off key) at the top of her lungs.
Mia was listening to the Batman theme song from the Batman lego movie. It's got a scream-o heavy metal vibe and asks questions like "Who is the manliest man?" then replies screaming "Batmaaaaan!". She was doing her typical rockstar cover and sings "Who has the buns of steel?" "Miaaaaaaa!"


She loves to pick at things (scabs, owies, hangnails), and doesn't get grossed easily. One day she sneezed, and the largest booger I have ever seen was dangling from her nose. I told her to grab a kleenex, and instead she ran through the house with it wildly swinging from her face telling Scarlett to come see it. She then told me that was a "boss booger". Bugs, creepy crawlies, and dead frogs at the spray park (yes we saw one) don't scare her at all.
She was actually super excited about finding this worm while gardening

Mia loves princesses and plays all sorts of princess themed make believe games with Scarlett. We were playing "dr", and I was the patient. We are technically supposed to choose a princess to be. So I said I was Snow White and I was poisoned by an apple, that's why I was at the dr's. Mia asks "Did you die?", I said "No, I dont' want to die, that's why I'm here". She said "Well, if you die a handsome prince will come and kiss you and you will wake up." Prince Charming is also called "Prince Charmy".

She is determined, spunky, and super friendly. Every person she passes gets an enthusiastic hello, and our mailman (and every other delivery person...because we're basically a postal outlet here) gets a hello and a big thank you every time something is dropped off. Sometimes she and the mailman have a little chat, and that's probably why he took refuge on our porch in the middle of a flash thunderstorm where he was caught outside without his coat. Mia saw from the window him and went outside to stand with him on the porch and chatted with him for about 5 minutes before the rain subsided.

She is so ready and excited for kindergarten and I know she is going to love every single thing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment