I have been on a mission lately. To be more still. The sun, the trees, the clouds...they're not frantic. They're steady, they have order, they're moving but yet there's a stillness about them. I have tried to put myself in their company lately, especially on my days off. That's when the lists, the calendars and the post-its make my mind race and my heart pick up speed. After a grueling run, I'll lay on my front lawn, under the tree, and watch the sky. Shower can wait. Food can wait. I'm regaining my internal balance, my inner peace. And although I know that in a matter of minutes I'll be surrounded by the pace of the world, for that one moment today, I was still. I've never been one to "harmonize with nature" or be concerned with finding my inner peace. But in those quiet minutes, I realize that this is the best time for listening to yourself and to the Spirit. My deepest thoughts and feelings do not shout at me or clamber for my attention. They wait patiently for the time when they can be shared without competition or interruption. All the hours I spend cleaning, driving around and crossing things one by one off of my little lists, is nothing to who I am, when compared to the precious minutes, I spend learning about myself in the still moments I listen.

No comments:
Post a Comment