So it's been a few weeks since I've blogged (thank you school and work). Just wanted to catch up on some exciting bits of news we've had since then!
1) Summer jobs!! So this is the first summer where I've known where I was working before I finished school. Every year I was so diligent about job hunting early and it never seemed to pay off but this year it finally did. I'm going to be working as an undergraduate nurse in neurosurgery at the U of A hospital. It's the same unit I was on for my winter clinical for 13 weeks, so I know the staff, know how the unit works and LOVE it. This is basically the best job you could ask for as a nursing student. You have your own patient assignments and basically work as a nurse, with a few limitations in skills and stuff like that. We've learned almost all the technical skills that we need to though so I'll be working independently for the most part. Not to mention that it's full time and comes with a sweet little salary of $25/hr.... I'm so excited for the experience I'll get and feel so blessed to have been offered this job. Gordon has a job lined up as well, and we're welcoming the stability.
2) New apartment!! We've been looking at being resident managers for this one apartment complex for almost a year now and it looks like we're finally going to get it. It would save us $250 a month in rent and utilities (your rent gets cut for being resident manager), plus the space is so much more than we have now. No more dishes stored in rubbermaids in our bedroom which only fits a double bed! We are so looking forward to the space (course that might give Gordon an excuse to resume hoarding tendencies...) and we're looking forward to making it our own little space for a year or too.
3) England!! My family is going to England this summer to see my Grandpa and other relatives. Originally I hadn't planned on going due to financial reasons and not knowing if I'd be allowed the time off work (since I didn't have a job at that point). Then circumstances changed and finances weren't going to be an issue. To boot I was also given clearance from work to go on holidays. I'm going from June 25th to July 9th. I'll be sad to leave Gordon...I don't think we've spent a night apart since we were married. And by apart I mean in separate houses...each of us has slept on the couch when the snoring was a little too much. We were apart when we went to Brazil for 6 weeks right before we were engaged, so I actually think this will be easier. I'm really excited to see my family.
We feel so blessed for all these great things going on in our lives. I'm so grateful to a Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers.
..also stay tuned for pictures of my new do! Haircut for cancer is 5 days away!
No comments:
Post a Comment