Pages

Monday, June 29, 2020

Scarlett is 4!

And then I blinked. Scarlett turned 4 on Friday.

Thankfully for us, Scarlett is not a social butterfly and only asked for her best friend to come over for her party the weekend before her actual birthday. The weather cooperated so we could be outside on the slip and slide, eating pizza and ice cream, painting nails, and then watching a movie with cotton candy.
 

She spent her actual birthday in her party dress, playing with her kinetic sand, having a birthday nap, watching the "real Aladdin", riding her bike, eating McDonalds and blueberry cake (she specifically requested a blueberry cake), opening presents, and getting her nails painted (again). You know that you're not a cake professional when your husband, sister, and mom all comment on the normalcy of your cake ahah! I was quite proud of how this one turned out.







She has grown in the past year, but is still tiny for her size-weighing 26lbs and standing 3 feet tall (that's like 1st and 3rd percentile). Her and B are often overlapping in clothing shoes lately, which isn't hard to imagine since B is only 3lbs behind her.

Scarlett birthday interview

Name: Scarlett
Age: 4
Favourite colour: purple
Favourite food: pizza
Favourite animal: kitty
Favourite movie: Frozen number two
Favourite thing to play: barbies and princess dolls
What do you want to be when you grow up?: a mommy
What is the best thing about being 4?: being big

Scarlett is probably the loudest most chatty person at home, but the most shy in public by far. Sometimes I have to tell her "shhh" because she can maintain a constant stream of chatter in her trademark chipmunk voice, speaking right over anyone else trying to talk to me.

On the flip side, she is the best at playing on her own. She can play quietly in her room for hours, creating the most elaborate games with the most random household objects. The other night I found her sleeping with an empty paper towel roll that she filled with magnets. The other week I walked past the doll house and saw inside that she had taken all the dolls, put them in gloves or mittens, and then put those in shoes. Apparently they were having a sleepover.

Also this picture- she told me they were getting ready to fly. I love stumbling on scenes like these.
Her imagination is one of my favourite things about her. One day he put a bunch of coloured hair elastics around her wrists, wrapped a tea towel around her like a cape, and started walking through the house yelling "Make way for the bracelet queen! Bow to me! Bow to me!"

Another day her and Mia were playing barbies in their room and I hear her scream.
Mia: What happened?!
Scarlett: a coconut took my mom! But I like coconuts!
A rescue of the mom abducted by the coconut ensued.

She especially loves lining things up and stacking things on top of each other. Magnets, ponies, barbies, and colouring are some of her favourite activities.

She also loves playing outside, riding her bike, playing on the rope swing, going to the park and has become braver about going on slides by herself.
Her favourite things to wear are dresses and shoes. She wears a dress almost every single day. And if it's cold, she just wears leggings underneath.

She likes to help me cook.

She is a great eater, and lunch is probably her favourite meal of the day. (see picture below for her gourmet requests)

Scarlett is a mommy's girl through and through. If I'm not working, I'm the only one who can take her pee, brush her teeth, read her a story, or tuck her in. And on the nights I'm working she always says "I don't want you to work anymore." before I leave. Sure doesn't make the parting any easier.

Dance parties in the most elaborate costumes are her specialty. 80s theme pictured below.
 
She is scared of pretty much everything, especially bugs. Even the tiniest fly sends her into hysterics. Two weeks ago we went on a walk, and she wore a dress with a netting over top. We walked through a field and turned around, and there were tons of bugs trapped under her dress. Like a mosquito net haha. She burst into tears and was acting like she was about to be eaten alive at any moment, while I removed the bugs.

Whenever she does something she isn't supposed to do she tells me by saying "Mom, I did not [insert whatever thing she was not supposed to do but did]."

She has such a quirky sense of humour and is always making me laugh.
Looking down at herself after the bath "Oh no! I have a nipple!"

Also on the topic of nipples...
Gordon is walking shirtless to the bedroom after this shower. Scarlett yells "AAAAAH I see daddy's nickels!"

This spunky and sassy girl brings so much laughter!






































No comments:

Post a Comment