She is my tiniest, most shy in public, and least risk taker of all my kids. Then what's up with the title of my blog (I tried to be more creative this time around ha!)? When she is at home, or around people she is very familiar with she is all the title claims to be and more. I often refer to her as "miss sassy pants" or "the boss" because she makes at least 50% of her requests as demands ("give me miiiiilk!", until I give her the "excuse-me-you-better-try-that-again" look and then restates with manners.
She has a very loud voice cooped up in her tiny body, and often growls her demands or displeasure. She was a witch for Halloween and when we would walk by other trick or treaters she would cackle "hee hee hee!", which is pretty out of character for her. I think the costume made her feel braver. She also has the BEST evil laugh. Scarlett loves to sing at the top of her lungs and often makes up songs on the spot.
She has a weird obsession with dental floss. But she's not interested in actually using it for her teeth. She likes to wrap little dolls up in it, like she's entrapped them in a giant spider web, and suspend them from things. I'd find little barbies hanging from the handles on cupboards, or wedged in a drawer with only their heads sticking out. Sometimes she'd string a couple together and have a "mass hanging" (I couldn't find a less morbid way of putting it!). Then she'd want me to cut off the yards of floss, so she could play with them normally. Well after copious amounts of time spent freeing these barbies, I refused to do it anymore, and she has been more judicious about her use of floss. I might have also hidden all the good floss from her haha.
Some of the funniest things come out of her mouth-
Me: "I love you Scarlett." S (thinks for a few seconds): "Yeah, we can be friends".
S: "I don't want to be an adult when I grow up!" Me: "Well what do you want to be?" S: "A witch"
Mia was sharing a story about a girl named Jasmine in her class. S: "You have a friend Jasmine?! Her boyfriend is Aladdin?!"
Also a conversation with Mia- S: "Can we see Santa? Where does he live? At a hotel?" *Me expecting Mia to set the record straight* Mia: "No. At the mall."
S: "Mum if I am hungry I don't have to worry, because I can just eat my boogers."
S (staring at my dad's arm): "Grampy, what are all those nipples on your arm?" (referring to his moles, and possibly my favourite thing she has ever said)
We have especially good driving conversations-
Driving in the car and Isaac says something to her. Without missing a beat she replies "Ok dumpy diapers!"
On the way home from church- Me: "Scarlett how was nursery?" S: "It was terrifying!"
Me explaining to her I couldn't give her any snacks, because I was driving- S (yells): "Stop the coach!" (apparently I'm a royal carriage driver)
We have had a hard time getting her to sleep in her own bed lately (as opposed to ours). She normally goes to sleep in ours, so the 3 girls aren't all trying to go to sleep in the same at at the same time. But we'd put her in her bed when we went to sleep. But Gordon went out of town for over a week and I was too tired to put her back in her bed, plus I didn't have to worry about her waking up B if she got up in the middle of the night. Well I was regretting that move after, because in her mind our bed is as good as hers now. One time she came into our bed in the middle of the night, then realized she forgot her stuffie. As she got up to get it she whispers back to me "Don't take my spot!" We started cracking down on it, and haven't had her in bed for the whole week so far. But last night when I was putting her to bed she said "Quick! We have to hurry before daddy gets home from judo so I can take his spot and sleep with you." She is also scared of the dark so that hasn't helped.
She loves slides, swings, and riding on things.
She has an amazing imagination and will often ask me to go away so she can play by herself. She loves to play barbies, princess dolls, and dollhouse.
She likes to cocoon herself when she is sleeping, or cover her whole face-especially if we're in the car. (Yes she's in her seat fast asleep).
Her favourite place in the world is probably the library, and we try and go every week when the weather isn't crazy and we're not plagued with some virus.
Her favourite thing to do is probably have a bath. She asks me to have a bath every single day, and if she's already had a bath in the morning, she'll ask me again in the evening. She can stay in the for upwards of an hour playing with her mermaid barbie. The bath is like my ultimate trump card for her.
She has a weird obsession with the grinch (of whom she is also terrified), and the hulk who she refers to as "the green funk". I don't think we'll ever correct her haha.
She takes a long time (generally) to warm up to new people and situations. She isn't a risk taker and will often play it safe. She is doing swimming and gymnastics right now, and I was nervous she would need me to stay with her. But she has been brave and doing great. I think it's going a long way to help her confidence in trying new things. However, when it comes to food, she is my biggest adventurer.
She has a sense of style that is all her own. She loves wearing dress up dresses and bathing suits all day, and really only wears "normal clothes" when we have to leave the house. Below is her "library" outfit
When Scarlett is upset, she tends to get anxious about a million unrelated other things.
The other night she was upset it was bedtime and then it was "I don't want to be an adult! I don't want my teeth to fall out! I don't want to move! I don't want my fingernails to grooooow!"
She was drinking hot chocolate and got a smear of it on her cheek. She caught a glance of herself in the mirror before she got cleaned up, and came over to me almost in tears. I asked her what was wrong and she asked me "Mum, am I turning into the beast?" It took every ounce of restraint to not burst out laughing.
She is my girl through and through and always has been. Never has a child been so thoroughly attached to me since birth more than her. She is my best errand buddy, and is happy to tag along pretty much anywhere with me.
Don't let her size fool you. This girl is fierce and knows what she wants out of life!











No comments:
Post a Comment