We went out for family dinner at Red Robin for her birthday, and kept her party super simple with cheese, crackers, sausage, fruit, and juice boxes. Complete with a princess cake that didn't want to come out of the pan intact. Mia says "Mom you broke my cake?!" So I improvised (see the picture), and the fact it was collapsing and held together by icing was completely forgotten. She is so easy to please!
![]() |
| Bday dinner at Red Robin! |
![]() |
| Present tornado |
![]() |
| Jewelery camouflage |
What is your name? Gordon Nish (I asked again), I am a child of God (I asked a third time), *sigh* Mia.
How old are you? 4
What is your favourite food? crackers and cheese
Who is your best friend? Ian
What is your favourite book? Princesses
Who is your favourite princess? Belle
What is your favourite movie? Beauty and the Beast
What is your favourite colour? Pink
What is your favourite song? I Love to See the Temple
What is your favourite thing to do at home? Play dollies with Scarlett
What is your favourite about school? Playing babies
Who do you want to be like when you grow up? A sister
What do you want to be when you grow up? A human
She is 32lbs and 38 inches, which means she has gone from the 3rd percentile to the 25th weight wise. For someone who doesn't eat supper most of the time, I find this quite impressive.
She is obsessed with makeup. She loves to watch me get ready for church and ask me what every single item in my makeup case is for. I caught her once emptying a friend's play makeup into our diaper bag when we were there for dinner, convinced I would let her steal it. She has also painted our bathtub with my favourite shade of lipsense in revenge for a consequence. Mascara has also been used as a paint brush.
*Side note* I personally wish she were more obsessed with her hair-which is usually wild and crazy like her, unless it's pulled tightly back with several combinations of elastics. Even with conditioner, daily conditioning spray, and diligent brushing, it takes about 5 minutes for it to go from prim and proper to orphan Annie if it's left to its own devices.
As you might guess she is also in love with anything princess and romance. She frequently calls other boy and men beautiful (please have mercy), and pretends to kiss them. There is a Joe superstore billboard of a male model flexing his bicep, and after seeing it a couple times Mia says "Mom. He so beautiful and strong. He have big muscles. I love him". (please please please have mercy).
She adores playschool and asks me every night if when she wakes up she will get to go to school.
She is, for the most part, a great big sister and helper. Sometimes she wants to help a little too much, and I find her baby sister running around with treats because she asked Mia for one. Mia loves to read stories to Scarlett in her room, play pretend with her (doggies, house, dolls, and dress up), and snuggle with her in her bed. They have dance parties and tea parties and love to laugh and giggle together. She is affectionately known as "Mimi" to her baby sister. I know she is going to be a super big help with this next baby comes along.
She has become a great cleaner, and if I ask her to tidy her room or living room I can't even tell that I didn't do it myself (which is saying a lot!).
She loves to sing and dance and can pick up song lyrics very quickly. We spend a lot of mornings listening to the radio in the van and she quite often can sing words to half of the songs that come on. She also loves to dance and was the rockstar of her class at her playschool Christmas concert. We have a lot of fun doing Just Dance on the wii together. Part of her dancing often involves spinning-which I have seen her do for about ten minutes straight without getting too dizzy.
She is a book worm and goes to bed with a book or several (and a flashlight) every night. So many times I have found her sitting quietly with a mountain of books beside her looking through every one.
She has a propensity for clumsiness. I know that sounds mean but there is seriously no other word to accurately describe it. She has walked into things, fallen off her chair, and tripped or slipped more times than I could even count. She has bit clear through her lip by falling off her kitchen chair and smashing her face into the table on the way down. We took the wheels off her chair, but she still manages to fall off on a weekly (if not more) basis. Her eyes have been checked and are fine!
One of the funniest, and sometimes most frustrating things, about my Mia is she can be a little scatter brained. She will run outside in -20 with no shoes or coat on and take off down the sidewalk, for no apparent reason, nor can she give me a reason when I ask her why. Once I was teaching the kids to play Go Fish and explaining to them to not show their cards to anyone, but to keep them secret. No matter how many times I explained this, every time I dealt Mia a card, she would flip it over and announce "dolphin!" or "look Isaac, I got a shark!". I eventually just enjoyed her innocence and laughed. She can also change topic in the blink of an eye with no warning. She was made at me and going on and going about how angry she was and without even skipping at beat continued "Mom, I love your pink shirt." And then her tirade was done. A similar thing happened just the other day when she was going on and on about how she missed her cousins (my cousins who are her age), and after 5 minutes of this within the same breath declares "I want popcorn".
She has her fair share of funny moments.
Mia occasionally calls me " beautiful princess mummy" but one day Gordon told her "Mummy is actually a queen. So what does that make daddy?" Mia thought about it for a moment and stated "Happy!"
She was pretending to bake me some pies one day. I asked her what was in them. She told me "chicken nuggets, fries, chocolate milk, sugar and eggs."
There is a song in primary called "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man". Around Christmas we were watching a Nativity message, and there were different images of elements of the nativity. A picture of the wise men came on, which Isaac correctly identified. Then a picture of a shepherd came on. I asked Mia who that was and she said "the wise man?" I said "no", she said "the foolish man?". It's a little funnier if you're familiar with the song, but for us it was pretty hilarious.
She works so hard at everything she does. Her speech has greatly improved from where it was, and is technically where she should be in most speech elements. She puts her heart and soul into everything she's asked to do. She is quick to show love and quick to forgive. She loves to come up with crazy silly games like Ben-Hur chariot style races with strollers. She also has a fierce temper, but will usually apologize within minutes. I could go on and on about her, but suffice it to say she is our free spirit and daily ray of sunshine. We love her so much.









No comments:
Post a Comment