She is tiny only 14lbs4oz (aka no percentile). Her weight is just barely under the growth curve, but she's cruising along at her own speed. At 27 inches, her length is keeping steady in the 10th to 25th percentile.
But she is loud. Very VERY loud. Her screams are shrill. Shrill like shatter glasses. Shrill like every hair stands on end. Shrill like your ear drums are seconds away from bursting. Shrill like I'm going to be deaf by the time I'm 30.
The screaming is usually a result of "give me more food" or "get me out of my high chair". Because of this I started teaching her the signs for "more" and "all done" with a hope and a prayer that meal time wouldn't set my teeth on edge anymore. She picked them up right away (and I mean after the first time I showed her, and I could barely believe it). She opens and closes her hands and says "duh!", and signs "more", and her brother and sister love this trick of hers.
She says "mama", "dad/dada", and imitates other words already. "Bah" for bath or bye, "uh" for up. Isaac was speaking clear, full sentences before two, and even he wasn't this early with his words.
Uses everything to stand and can stand on her own, but only if she's completely unaware she's doing it.
Loves to pull her brother's and sister's hair, and
Starting to sleep through the night consistently (10-11 hrs), and is finally in a big girl crib sharing a room with her big sister. Although this has it's obvious challenges (big sister likes to play, and baby sister wants to sleep), they figured it out a lot quicker than I thought they would. She still takes two naps a day.
Has discovered the joy of clapping.
She holds phones up to her ear and pretends to talk.
She is still a great eater and will eat leftovers she likes for daaays. She's almost as good at getting rid of them as her dad. She refuses to be fed, unless she has something on her tray she can feed herself at the same time. And sometimes she only likes every other bite she picks up. This strawberry goes in the mouth, the next one goes on the floor, and repeat. I vacuum the dining room several times a
She loves music and dancing. She rocks back and forth, stands up and bounces, or sways side to side in time with the beat. Music is my magical trick when she is cranky.
You can see the whites of her top teeth but they haven't broken through yet. I despise how long they take compared to the bottom ones.
She has the cutest scrunchy faced smile.
We love all the personality that she has packed into her tiny frame


No comments:
Post a Comment