Although it might feel like a crazy war zone in the house once this baby arrives.
It could just as easily be three weeks. Mia was exactly a week late. So I anticipate my due date with a slight sense of the anticlimatic.
This month so far has been full of organizing, deep cleaning, freezer meal cooking, exercising, and park playing with my two babes.
This baby has really thrown my mom instincts for a loop. With both Isaac and Mia, I felt certain and was correct about both their genders from the moment I found out we were expecting.
This time, it took me a few weeks to have any kind of inkling, but then it was boy, probably due to the fact it was so similar to my pregnancy with Isaac. But sometime around the 3rd trimester, the thought that maybe this was a girl implanted itself in my brain, and would not let go. The last half has definitely been more similar to my pregnancy with Mia (and both pregnancies were very different). I've also had dreams of having both a boy and a girl.
Really I have no clue about the gender. It changes from one day to the next.
Let it be known that Isaac would now like a brother, not a sister.
Thankfully in the last two weeks Gordon and I finally came up with a list of 3-4 names for each gender (that does not include Leonidas or Desdemona).
Generally I'm feeling pretty good. Not too achy, although a little more swollen than I was with the other two. I'm sure I have the warm weather to blame for that. I used to have horrible restless legs every night, and have a really hard time sleeping, but I think the heat and being so busy tuckers me out enough now that sleep hasn't been too much of a problem the last few weeks.
The only physical complaint I have is that my feet get sore easily if I've been walking or standing for long periods, and then I need to rest them. Everything else is pretty standard!
I'm not sure what it is, but around the 30 week mark I start to "measure small for dates", and get sent for extra ultrasounds to make sure baby is still growing well. This has held true now for all 3 pregnancies. I just make 6lbs babies and this one is looking to be no different. Estimated weight was at 5lbs10oz last week and everything looked good!
| 32 weeks |
![]() |
| 37 weeks |
We are pretty excited (at least when my two other children aren't being total crazy heads) to meet them!

No comments:
Post a Comment