Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Bye bye golden trimester

Today marks the start of my last week (27) of the favourite 2nd trimester. Very uncharacteristic of myself, I haven't even made one list of things to get done before this baby comes. I think 3 months in my head is a lot further away than it is in reality.

I'm feeling rather large at this point, and have been gaining pretty much a lb a week after the first trimester (maybe more after Easter haha).

Which reminds me that I probably should get a few maternity clothes for the first time ever.

People who don't know me tell me my belly is tiny, and people who do know me tell me my belly is big. I love all the comments-the tiny belly people help me not feel like a beluga, and the big belly people are excited for the growth and health of my baby.

Do not let the picture deceive you. Trust me when I say the belly is bigger in person.

I have to have a snack with me no matter where I go, because my blood sugar tends to run low, especially in the mornings. I don't have crazy cravings, but I did eat large amounts of mike and ikes for a few weeks straight.

This baby is riding low, like Isaac did, so no rib kicks at all. Just plenty of times when I feel like my bladder is a punching bag.

Both Gordon and Isaac have been able to feel baby kick. Isaac, who isn't a huge baby fan, was pretty excited and now whenever he isn't kicking he yells at my tummy for the baby to wake up. He still insists it's a baby sister. I still feel strongly it's a boy.

No we do not have any baby names yet (unless it's a girl, in which case we agree on many). If my husband comes up with something better than Leonidas or Orpheus in the next 12 weeks, then that might change.

I basically wake up every two hours to roll over, and make at least one bathroom trip.

I try and get at least 3 good workouts a week in, but walking any longer than 10-15 minutes gives me bad ligament pain, which makes me waddle. Running is on my top 3 things I miss most about not being pregnant, if not the one I miss most.

I've started to feel mildly nauseated again later in the mornings, which is pretty consistent with all of my pregnancies so far when I hit the 3rd trimester. But it's nothing compared to the first trimester.

Unlike the other two pregnancies, I have no sense of what this baby's personality is like. I've heard good
things about 3rd babies though... I just hope "he" heard them too!


No comments:

Post a Comment