I just recovered from Halloween and Isaac's first birthday, which are three days apart (blog post to follow..eventually), and this month I'm trying to get a bunch of organizing projects done for this baby since I know next month Christmas is going to take over. Then it will only be a few short weeks until we expect our little girl. January 15th I have a feeling I'm going to see you very very quickly.
I'm 30 weeks right now, feeling large and in charge. I'm certainly bigger than I was with Isaac and already weigh as much as I do when I delivered him. Woops. Must be all that Halloween candy I've be enjoying. I'm really loving the chocolate with this girl. Need to take a new picture this week!
| 27 weeks on Thanksgiving |
I'm back to sleeping with a blanket between my legs so my back doesn't get sore, but I haven't had to put anything under my belly like I did with Isaac. I sure do get leg cramps, but I've found if I stretch my muscle out right away they ease off. I remember shoving my face in my pillow a couple nights because they hurt so bad with Isaac...until I figured out how to stretch my muscles out.
I get major Braxton Hicks if I walk too fast and that is just like my pregnancy with Isaac. Luckily I've been able to work out still without any major trouble.
I'm not sure if it's hit me yet that we're having another baby. Or maybe I've become so used to the idea it just doesn't phase me... haha probably not. I'm kind of nervous about trying to find a new routine and still keep up with all the things that need to be done, especially keeping my house as clean as I like it. I know there's the common advice that all the housework can wait, but it's virtually impossible for me to relax if there are certain things that need attention. I need at the very least a clean kitchen and clean floor. I can be flexible on the other things, but those two just give me peace of mind.
I remember wondering how I was going to get anything done with Isaac but I did and I still do get pretty much everything done that is required of me, so I know I'll just fall into my own groove again. Hopefully Isaac isn't too set on staying in the old one...
I am looking forward to "starting over" with baby girl. I'm hoping to get a better handle on nursing from the get-go and hopefully she'll be just as easy to sleep train as Isaac was. Not to mention cuddling with a little newborn again. Gordon and I were just looking at old pictures of Isaac and can't believe how much he's grown. I'm definitely looking forward to having a little squishy munchkin that isn't gonna run off if I put her down!
Here's hoping they're the best of friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment