I hate when people ask how much longer I have left because really I have NO idea. Yes there's 6 weeks left until my due date but only about 10% or less of babies are actually born on their due date. It could be tomorrow (hope not!) or it could be 7 weeks if baby is lazy. So really, I'm just rolling along with the punches and trying not to get too hung up on how much time is left. I keep thinking about having an October birthday in the family, but if this baby is even one day late, it will be a November birthday. See? There are just too many unknowns for me to give you an accurate answer. How many weeks until my due date? 6. When is my due date? Halloween (yes actually October 31st). How much longer do I have left? You have about as much of an idea as I do.
So with that in mind, I'm trying hard to do a little each week to prepare for baby's coming. I pick a few things off the shopping list to buy or stock up on a freezer meal or too. But instead of a shortening to do list, I feel like it gets longer every week. My baby shopping consists of me going to two or three different stores (Superstore, Walmart, Babies R Us), doing a complete tour of the baby section about 5 times while staring non productively at the ridiculous amount of baby stuff there is. Then I read a few labels, write a few prices on my list to compare in the other stores (because I'm most obsessed with getting the most bang for my buck), then spending 10 more minutes having an inner monologue called "Am I a bad mom if I don't buy this for my baby?" I have plucked up enough courage to buy a few baby things...bath products, a few clothes, tylenol, change pad, wash cloths... Right now my current dilemma is a mattress cover for the crib and hooded towels. I can't seem to decide how many to get and whether hooded vs. not hooded is the end of towel the world. I know this seems stupid to every non-pregnant person out there, but it really is my personal crisis at the moment. Don't judge me.
To make myself feel better, I have accomplished quite a bit in the way of meal prep this week. I doubt some of it will even make it till baby gets here, since I'll be 39-40 weeks when Gordon is in full mid term mode. So I figure those freezer meals might get put to good use even before baby makes its appearance. In addition to the meals my mother-in-law generously brought up for us this past weekend, my freezer inventory includes...
-chili
-homemade mac and cheese
-asian sesame pork (for stir fry)
-maple garlic pork chops
-hoisin and honey pork medallions (we got a huge tenderloin from Costco and those three pork dishes only used half of it!)
-chicken for my enchiladas
I'm still planning on doing some homemade pasta sauces and a shepherds pie. I'll let you know how well they turn out! Apart from the chili, the rest is an experiment with how well it freezes so keep your fingers crossed for us.
So what is new?I magically gained six lbs in 3 weeks, bringing my weight gain total to 15lbs. I think that made the Dr happy since she slapped my fingers last time for not gaining any weight. I knew my body would catch up though. Since I'm carrying so low my pants always roll down under my belly (even the ones that fit over my belly). It's starting to get really annoying.
I have one more shift of work on Friday and then I am DONE. Thank goodness. Our patient acuity is so high right now, I don't know how much more I could take in all honesty.
I'm starting to get nerve pain in my legs from baby pressing and being so low already.
Sleeping on my back is actually the most comfortable for me, even though I know I'm supposed to sleep on my side. Lots of times I wake up already on my back.
Baby hasn't showed any signs of slowing down. There will be one day or two a week it seems where they are going through a growth spurt, then my belly gets a little bigger, then we're back to partying it up all day in there.
I'm super emotional these days. I feel like I have no barrier to hide my feelings behind. I feel a lot more vulnerable than I'm used to.
I'm still able to do most activities fairly comfortably.
Baby we are getting ready for you. Just hang out for a bit longer until mommy is finished her to do lists please.
Oh and can I say that I love my families and am so grateful for them and all their help?! I would be so much more stressed without their love and support and want them to know how much I appreciate them. Baby is sure lucky to be coming into this family.
No comments:
Post a Comment