As you may already know (especially if you are FB friends with myself or my sisters...or my mother), Gordon and I are expecting our first little munchkin in just about 6 months (due date as of now is Oct 27th). I will be 13 weeks Friday and I'm feeling great...98% of the time, the other 2% just reminds me that a little creature has invaded my body and is slowly taking charge. For all those curious, we are waiting to find out if baby is a little me or a little G, just so we can have that extra surprise to look forward to.
I'm so glad I can finally feel comfortable sharing the news with our friends and family. I just told my parents at Easter (my sisters got the early bird special and have known for weeks) and we told Gordon's this past weekend, so I think I've kept it a secret long enough. Thank you to everyone who kept it a secret before we announced it, I know how tough that is :)
I have been fairly lucky so far with the common woes of baby-carrying. My mum always told me she wanted to die for the first three months she was pregnant with me, so I was pretty worried I would be the same way. I was fortunate enough to have a lot of extra blessings from my Heavenly Father, and although I wasn't spared the nausea and what comes with it, I only had to suffer consistently for weeks 6 to 9, and never had to miss a shift at the hospital. Now and then I'll have a bout of the yucky but it is few and far between. Gordon's waiting for the day that I crave a big fat burger or want him to go to DQ and get me ice cream. So far my body has demanded cheese, cheese and more cheese (and since I already LOVE cheese, I'm thinking this child has good taste). Other than that no crazy wake-my-hubby-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night cravings. Despite how small I still look, my belly is growing slowly but surely, if I put my hands on it, it feels a lot less squishy than it used to haha. My theory is, my belly hasn't really been growing in size, it's just filled out with baby, so instead of squish now it's a lot more solid. If that makes any sense. The longer I can stay in my own clothes, the happier I am. Course I do want to get out of this stage where people aren't sure if I'm chubbier or if I'm pregnant!
Baby is happy and healthy so far. I had my first ultrasound last week, and that definitely brought this all home to me. At first, I almost didn't believe the pregnancy test because I felt no different. Then week 6 brought the first plague and I had no doubts haha. There is definitely a little "fetus Nish" (as Gordon calls it), in there with a beating heart and little arms and legs. It was wiggling quite a bit during the ultrasound and that was the point where I said (in my head) "Oh my goodness this is real." On the way home I didn't even have the radio on in the car because I was just in awe that that little thing was alive and moving and growing inside me. Not only that but that is was a part of me and Gordon. It still blows my mind. Although I've seen PLENTY of deliveries the last 10 weeks, nothing has quite hit home the miracle of creating life like this. It reinforced to me that there is no way this could happen unless there was a loving Father in Heaven who has a plan for his children. I'm so grateful that I get to be a part of that plan by bringing children into a loving home and raising them with righteous morals and values. We hope this is the first of many little Nishes the Lord blesses us with.
No comments:
Post a Comment